This homemade seitan will help you to create lots of meaty recipes. The texture will blow your mind. I personally love to fry seitan in sesame oil, garlic, and some tamari, absolutely delicious. Then you can add veggies or make tacos with it. I hope you enjoy as much as I do.
220g wheat gluten flour
10 teaspoon vegetable oil
90 ml of water
1 teaspoon of salt
10 ml of soy sauce / Tamarin
- Take a salad bowl (pick a good one as the dough will be sticky)
- Verse 220 g wheat gluten flour in the salad bowl
- And begin to knead the ingredients into a dough (vegetable oil, water, salt and soy sauce tamarin)
- As a result, you will get a dough pretty elastic
- Take a knife and slice the dough into 4 pieces (or more 5-6)
- Verse a good an amount of water in a saucepan and boil the water
- Add salt, soy sauce, and vinegar to the water as soon as it’s boiling
- Put the pieces in the boiling water for 35 minutes, reduce the heat, but make sure it’s still boiling a little bit as we want the water hot to soft the seitan
- After 35 mn, take the pieces of seitan out of the water.
- Cut the pieces of seitan to check if the meat is soft or hard, as soon as it’s a bit spongy the meat is ready to be marinated and fried (depend on the way you want to use or eat it)
If you want to save the seitan for another day you can put it in a container with its own water (can be stored for a week in the fridge).