You will love this fresh and super-rich in flavor salad, I made it in less than 10 min, and I swear its incredible how vegan food can be so damn tasty and good for you. Please give this one a try!
- 250 g Chickpeas
- 1 Shallots or red onion, finely chopped
- Cilantro half a cup
- Pickled Carrots ,Pickled Cauliflower, Pickled Cabbage (Recipe for these three in the BAH MI sandwich recipe)
- 1 Red hot pepper
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 2 tablespoons Soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 8 capers (they are only very salty)
- 100 g Spinach
- Tamarind sauce for the final taste
- ½ Lemon
- Salt to taste (remember that soy sauce is salty and capers)
- 1 tablespoon vegan mayonnaise
- Rice cakes
- In a bowl add the washed chickpeas and add the finely chopped shallots with the juice of half a lemon.
- Now add pickled carrots, pickled cauliflower, pickled cabbage and finely chopped red chili,
- Add black pepper to taste, 1 tablespoon Sriracha ,2 tablespoons Soy sauce, 1 tablespoon Olive oil and stir.
- Then 1 tablespoon of vegan mayonnaise ,the 8 capers and the coriander, try to add salt if needed.
Serve on rice toast with a bed of spinach, add the salad and top with tamarind sauce.