This vegan tart is very easy to make and perfect for this Christmas time, I hope you like it and please let me know if you have any questions!
- 1 vegetable pie dough (shortbread)
- 200 g walnut kernels (about 500 g of walnuts in the shell)
- 80 g brown sugar
- 200 ml vegetable cream (soy), almond, or other.
- 1 tablespoon starch (corn or potato)
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup or agave syrup
- Select a few pecan nuts for decoration and set them aside.
- Mix the rest of the walnuts very coarsely to crush them without reducing them to powder. Keep some crunchy pieces that will give all its texture to the pie.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Line a pie tin with a pie plate and prick the dough with a fork so that it does not swell during baking.
- In a saucepan, add the crushed pecan nuts, sugar, cream, and starch. Mix and turn on the heat for 5 minutes (while stirring constantly).
- Off the heat, add the maple syrup, and mix well.
- Spread the nut cream on the bottom of the dough and smooth it well.
- Put in the oven for 10 minutes, then add the pecan nuts for decoration by pushing them in and put back in the oven for another 15 minutes to finish cooking.
- The tart should be well browned but not overbaked.
Happy Baking !